Tuesday, October 09, 2007



I know, I promised back in August no dogs anymore. I tried, I did, to keep them out the blog. But.....

I was getting complaints by my SP non dog lover followers, who seem to getting overwhelmed and quite distressed by the whole notion that it is not giant ants, Islamic terrorists or global warming that will destroy our world - in fact it is the dogs - who have taken over New York City and are ruling the town and now insist on having their own seat in Chelsea restaurants.

I kid you not. This lady told me she was on a D Date, when I met her.

"What's that?" I enquired politely.

"It is the great new Doggy Date website, have you not seen it. The dogs are so cute and they are way better company than most of the single chumps, I mean chaps, I have been out with recently. This is my date for tonight. He goes by Dashing Dario on his profile. He picked the restaurant and we have had a lot of fun together. The waitress tried to make a fuss when we came in but after Dario tipped her $50 which was hiding in his collar for that very purpose, she really was very nice about it. It just takes a bit of getting used to, that is all. I mean no one blinks an eye any more when they see gay, lesbian, black and white couples, etc so I guess soon everyone will get used to the fact that inter canine/human couples are here to stay. Look,I am happy so what can people say?"

"But I thought it was your first date? Already you are so sure about Dario?" , I asked her.

"He is the first date that listened to everything I said without answering back or making some lowbrow snide comment, he simply wuffs which I take to mean, fascinating tell me more. Also he is so cuddly I can't wait to take him home. He didn't even ask for my number he said he will just follow me home every night so he doesn't need it. It is just easier with Dario."

Oh Mam, I thought to myself, good luck to you. You really are brave. But she has a point, maybe it is easier to have Doggy Dates these days with the scarcity of quality single guys around, we ladies are reduced to desperate measures it seems.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Loren said...

I would advise your friend not to take her Dashing Dario to a Korean restaurant. Their relationship may come to an abrupt and mysterious end, and a neighborhood filled with missing doggy posters that will never yield results.