Monday, February 11, 2008


After my Brooklyn walk I became an instant convert, so what if it only took me seven years to do a neighborhood tour of the area, but now I see why all the Brooklyn residents are so snooty and superior.

Advantages of Brooklyn I realized on my walk

1 It feels like you are miles and miles away from the city when in fact you are only ten minutes away with the beloved Brooklyn bound F train.
2 There are no tourists
3 There are lots of old buildings called brownstones where you can live in peace and quiet and many of them even have big gardens with trees.
4 You can look at the city and admire the architecture from the water whilst being away from all the noise.
5 There are hundreds of great delicious restaurants and you can get a reservation at 9.30pm on a Saturday night with relative ease.
5 The dry cleaners only accept customers who eat organic food encouraging one to be more ecologically healthy.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Loren said...

My dearest SP, Brooklyn is part of New York City. People who live in Manhattan tend to forget that Manhattan is simply the most densely populated borough of New York City. New York City consists of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx and Staten Island. Well, maybe not Staten Island. Any part of NYC that charges other NYC residents $9 just to enter it doesn’t deserve to be part of NYC. Besides, once you get there, you need a car to get around; quite unfriendly if you ask me. As a native Brooklyn boy (born and raised here, with some detours) I’m quite happy in Park Slope, which is very much like the West Village, and has the greatest collection of restaurants of any neighborhood I’ve found. Movie studies come here often to film, as most of the neighborhood consists of 4 flight brownstones (most converted to co-ops or condos). Tree lined streets, some with working gaslights; were it not for the densely parked modern cars, one might think they were in the late 1800’s. I’d be happy to show you around more.