Friday, April 17, 2009



As we were posing and putting everyone off their home made Diego spaghetti nepolitani special , Sash and I got to talking and catching up.

"So, how are things in your world?"she asked. A perfectly innocent question.

"Well, do you really want to know?" I replied.

"Why sure,"she said genuinely.

"It's like this, I am still single, I got nowhere on JDate, Hot or Not, Plenty of Fish and could not understand how to do Nerve with their complicated points system, that you needed a doctorate to figure out. Now that I am single I fantasized myself as dating dating dating, in fact I even bought a whole new French wardrobe for my dates.

Instead, the Jewish doctor from NYU, with the gym rat's body, who seemed so perfect,with the 5 bedroom house in Southampton with pool and tennis court, insisted I wait for him in my place after midnight in garters and refused to take me to dinner. I told him , he was on the wrong website, there is other perfectly good websites for that type of thing, and Craig's List is not just for jobs and apartments.

I offered to cook another guy dinner to try and get a date as he refused to take me out too and even an SP evening of gourmet delights did not inspire him to send me a smily face or flirt let alone a note back. Am I doomed?" I sobbed in between smiles.

Jimmy asked us to move our faces more into the light.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: