Friday, January 14, 2011

"Well, go on then, clever clogs, spill the beans? Is there a young man today that can impress Mr Wisdom who has seen it all?", I asked Atlas.

"It is Harry Potter, you dopey lot, he has been saving the world single handedly for years in all his many adventures. Wizzy and I watch all his movies on our iPads when all the tourists are asleep in the early, early morn, we love him. If Harry can do it then these two lads should get their chance to try their hand too, perhaps they could even star in the next movie, Harry Potter and the Sleazy Skellys. It is bound to be the best one yet."

Well these brave boys should be very excited now they will be movie stars before they know it! One good deed deserves another I always say. I turned round to congratulate the boys and give them the gallery address where all the action would be, but they had gone.

No wonder, it was past 11pm, those boys must have left with their mother.

The Toy Soldiers, Atlas, Mr Wisdom, all were frozen still, the skaters were thinning out, just a few stragglers and now that bitter, relentless New York wind had really picked up.

I pulled my blue sheepskin collar tighter round my neck and despondently left the scene and all my new friends to trudge home alone, what's new.






No comments: