Tuesday, April 05, 2011

We strolled along Cork Street , Mayfair and decided to pop into some galleries.

A giant ape was the centerpiece . It had been sold for $250,000 to a Chinese buyer. Quite fierce maybe it could take the place of a guard dog I thought.

I asked the gallery owner very casually if she happened to have any Skelly art pieces as I explained I was a wealthy NY art collector just starting my collection and I had heard there was some exciting new underground work in London.

"Why of course, I do. I keep my Skelly art in the back room as I don't want to scare the passerbys but my piece has a half red dot already , however you can take a look if you like, but don't fall in love as it is almost gone. I do like your scarf, can you please tell me where you got it ?"she said looking at Richard, who smirked back at me.





No comments: