Thursday, August 04, 2011

August 4th is Scottish Princess Day! It is my birthday today, hurrah.

This is me as a Bonny wee lassie in sunny Glasgow, even as a babe I insisted on designer cashmere. I never lowered the standards I am pleased to say.

As you can see even as a wee bairn I was alert and keeping a keen eye out for hostile invaders and the like. In those days the Skellys were safely underground and were simply plotting their evil takeover.

Tonight 55 loving and loyal subjects will descend on the SP pad to pay homage and deliver their expensive gifts. Any one coming empty-handed should return next year or do some quick gift shopping on their smart phone.

I wish I could say another year older another year wiser. But no amount of 5 Rhythm dancing seems to have knocked sense into me so I will guess I will stumble on or as Bob Dylan says, "Keep on keeping on."

My one prayer is for my prince to find me this year and for all my single friends the same.

So a night off from the Skellys unless they show up uninvited at the party.



No comments: