Wednesday, December 07, 2011

I suddenly spied my old friend the coach

I had paid for ten sessions and finally was turning up for my first one. The coach had expanded his repertoire to include non violent communication techniques and free empathy.
I started to drone on about my latest Match date, which I thought was a hit and then all I got was deathly silence. "It was so disappointing, I can't understand it, I thought I was the full package and then some. Should I text him? Call him a total jerk and loser for blowing me off? Is there a non violent message you can recommend ? In fact what about a tad violent to show you don't mess around with me and live to tell the tale?".

"Young lady , I am sorry to hear your date was a bust. I am here to help the homeless, the jobless, the hungry, the disillusioned, the fed up, the up in arms 99%, but the boyfriendless, I am not so sure. Re the angry text, do yourself a favor, do NOT send it. Move on and stop whining."

Hmmmm, I am not really feeling the empathy here.

No comments: