Friday, November 09, 2012

An hour later Zen rolled out the saloon.

He was looking pretty pissed and from
what I could see not in a mood to be tampered with.
" Darn, that cheating louse beat me again, I knew I should have never believed his bluff."
"YOU, what you laughing about insolent wench. You think this is funny.
I'll show you who is boss around here.
You thought the jail was scummy, wait till you try the stocks! That'll learn ya."
He was looking right at me and Roland had scarpered under an old arm bone of a prisoner gone by. I had only smirked the tiniest bit at the thought of him getting beat, but it really set him off.

He hauled me out of what was now seeming quite spacious and luxurious cell quarters, grabbed his keys, my arms and in two shakes of a donkey's tale I was in the stocks, for all to see and mock me. Oh, the injustice of it all, could this Day get any worse. Son!
"Zen, what did I do?" I wailed.

No comments: