Saturday, June 24, 2006

 
Here I am doing the Highland Fling at the Krishna Das concert at Ananda Ashram in Harriman Monroe a few weeks ago. Only one hour from New York City, it is the perfect place to chill and revitalize and do yoga and even try meditation. The Harve is a handsome, delightful, fantastico Vegetarian chef and always prepares me special extra large portions even when the kitchen is closed. They have a fabulous swimming pool perfect for laps and lounging and the staff at the Ashram make you feel very welcome especially when you have come all the way from Scotland and they serve Wee Johnie his very favorite Scottish oatmeal with raisens for breakfast, we call it Porridge, where I came from. Every evening they have a fire ceremony and when I visit that is my Highland Fling slot as it is a very spiritual and solemn moment, much enhanced by my rigorous and noble highland fling performance, which must be watched in complete silence so I can concentrate on some of the trickier footwork.

The ashram is on a beautiful lake and guess who holidays in the lake when she travels with me - yes Nessie of course! Nessie practices her yoga on a special yoga extra strong yoga platform they built for her next to the lake in case she gets tired. You can take a wee row boat on the lake but watch out for Nessie when she is there as she thinks folks in boats mean "Photo opportunity!" and she may tip the boat over by mistake, as big beasts tend to be a tad clumsy. She is very photogenic like me. Nessie loves pork pies and junk food after her stint on the atkins diet, but do not tell the veggie folks at the ashram as they always serve her huge platefuls of their left over gourmet salads, which she chucks straight in the lake.

Check out the ashram when you can but not too many of you at once as I like it when it is nice and quiet and there is plenty of extra yummy Harvey grub for me. Posted by Picasa

No comments: