Saturday, June 24, 2006

Good morning loyal and precious subjects, underlings, admirers and potential usurpers,

Six years ago I landed in New York and decided to bring royalty and glorious Scottish traditions over to these American shores. A love of the Hamptons, art, theater and culture, fine foods and lively nightspots with opportunities for exciting adventures of a romantic nature made New York the obvious choice for a Scottish princess.

I settled in the East Village, a place of historical Jewish significance at one time and home to many Yiddush theaters that now make great movie theaters for Jewish producers, so in a round about way keeping the Jewish creative spirit alive but serving a wider audience. As I am a princess keeping myself amused and entertained is a top priority and of great importance. In the East Village, I have the La Mama theater , where Alvin Epstein is doing a phenomenal King Lear performance. Also pop over to PS 122 if it is not too late to see the Spalding Grey show. I prefer going to shows on the opening nights as I love the glamor and buzz of premieres, when I bring Wee Johnie, my trusty piper, isn't he adorable although he is not prone to smiling, everyone is so grateful too and we always make page 6 of the New York Post.

No comments: