Sunday, March 25, 2007



Rufus wrote me last night with a complaint or perhaps one might say a helpful suggestion on the way to a Doggie Fireman's heart.

"Ruff, Ruff, Hey Miss Groovy Scottish Princess or dare I may be so bold as to call you my Scottish Mistress....

Lookie here, Lady, what do you expect when you give a working firemutt veggie and organic healthy chews. We mutts hate that kind of green crap. Not everybody likes your cookie, healthy, faddy diet. You'd have fared much better had it been chicken or pork sausage chews, or at least something that actually tastes good w MSG, like the leftovers of your Chinese chicken chow mein.

My sweet but ill informed Mistress, next time you might wanna try scratching my tummy rather than bossing me around. It would have gotten me on my back and well... more willing.

Niiiiiice photo of me though. I got a lot of crazy cats chasing me now that I am famous after your last blog post. Gotta run, got things to do, bones to find, fires to extinguish, cats to chase, crying babies stuck in burning homes to rescue, sniffing duties. Ruff, Ruff, Ruff!"


Gosh, who knew? That Rufus really has a mind of his own. Don't know if I could tame him to obey me wholeheartedly, a strict requirement for any SP Spring Fling Contender.

We will pop him back on the maybe pile. Guess I'll have to eat his veggie chews myself, we Scots are not inclined to waste anything.

Ok, here goes. I always fancied being a dog, free to do nothing but eat and sleep. SP SIT. Good Girl. Open Wide. Yummy , yummy.

Euurgh, YUK, these chews are revolting. He was right. Doctor, get me a doctor, quick, I feel sick. I want my money back.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jeff said...

Two things that are very tricky and sure to be painful, juggling cactus and love affairs. how about spring friend-affairs. just think; multiple partners, boys or girls, no commitments, and its always safe. Pals can share springtime walks in the hills, cooking veggi dishes, photographing wild New York chaps, perhaps a sholder rub or washing a friends hair. And believe me, men should never be trusted with sex. That science is way over our head. It's much better to handle that yourself. Just a thought from your Nevada friend.
Jeff

Anonymous said...

I was an emergency medical worker in a prior life....tell me where it hurts. *rests his snout on the couch next to you, looking up at you with the big puppydog eyes*