Saturday, December 12, 2009

I replaced men with robots a long time ago

Meanwhile over at the ever trendy meatpacking district down on 14th street and the west side, the mannequin at Dianne Von Furstenberg had set a new precedent. She had traded men for one over sized robot!
As an extra precaution she had him on a lease in case he tried any funny business like Old Skelly. She was very much the femme fatale in charge, calling the shots.

"Hey DVF supermodel, is this your date? Tell us more." I asked the sexy window model.

A typical New Yorker she got straight to the point.
"Dianne keeps us on a tight schedule travelling around the top global fashion hubs, I don't have time to waste. My robot knows what's good for him, which is to serve me, and only me, as and when I need him. I don't tolerate two timing robots. He once tried to stray to one of the other Russian DVF superwindowmodels, chatting her up and giving her electronic winks when I was on a power nap, it gets tiring standing her 24/7, boy was he so busted.

He learned the hard way that I don't tolerate that nonsense and now he only has eyes for me."

"I guess the long chain helps in that regard. I like it, I must invest in one of these myself. Do you think a bicycle lock would do?" I asked her.

"I will speak to Diane to see if she has a spare chain around. It is this seasons must have item. Here at DVF we all switched to Robots, we find them so much more amenable and they fit into our busy lifestyle. Ps we all think you should dump Ally the Two Timing Alien, a total waste of space, or at last chain him down, you must whip these chaps into line immediately, it is really the only way."

She had a point I had to admit.
When the superwindowmodel closed her eyes for another quick power nap, I hissed over a whisper to her Robotman Boyfriend thing.

"Excuse me Roger Mr Robot, we haven't heard a squeek from you are you happy being tied to Madame DVF like this? It seems a bit controlling, no?"

"Quite the contrary,Miss SP, I am delighted. I was out of line and got rightfully punished and now my Madame knows she can trust me she is calling on my services very regularly and keeping me very busy. Also next to her , I am hoping a movie director might notice me, in this prime spot here. With Avatar about to be released I am hoping for my breakthrough any day now. I mean isn't New York filled with movie directors?I admit I still wink at the window shoppers, but don't tell Madame or she will shorten my leash.
Ps Ally says hi, he is my Spacebook Friend, the new Facebook site for aliens and robots only. He is pining for you, don't give up hope."
With that he gave me a sexy lewd wink and froze again as Madame was waking from her nap.

"Was Roger talking to you just there , I thought I heard his metally twang, he had better not be is all I can say!" she barked slightly ferociously. Roger lowered his metal head meekly.

I walked away from their domestic squabble , when I turned round sparks were flying and poor Roger was getting a right mouthfull.

You know what I am not sure that this relationship model is quite the one for me after all, I surmised. Still it may be the way of the future.




No comments: