Sunday, April 04, 2010

Homes in Woodstock have SPACE

I met a chap tucking into homemade chilli from Jose's iceream parlor, on the Wiodstock promenade.
"So you quit the ratrace did you?"I asked.
"Yes,"he replied between mouthfulls."Been here 10 years, left Long Island the North Fork to sell window sidings. Real
Estate is cheap and there is room to breathe. Never looked back, except for this time of year when I miss the ocean."
Almost happy but still not quite content, the human condition according to Ekhert.

" Cheer up, Chilli Charlie. See that daffodil, stare at it for ten minutes then tell me how you feel,"I said, unselfishly wanting to share the Ekhert Tolle fast guide to enlightenment with my Chilli Charlie Buddy.

Then my ride back to New York honked so how he fared in the end I will never know but hopefully he got at least a wee bitty enlightened. If not he could least have some solace that he almost beat the rat race, with a few extra breaths of pure air and an extra acre or two.




No comments: