Sunday, May 09, 2010

Believe it or not the next day I was meeting a hedge fund type guy in his office

This was the view from his conference room. No wonder he didn't want to bother commuting home when this is the view he has. Perfect view of the park.

He wanted a meeting I wanted to stare out the window.

"Were you there all night, outside Macy's with your sleeping standing up brace?" I asked him, nosely.

"That wasn't me," he lied, I totally recognized him and he knew it too." Now please my time is limited can we get back to our meeting and can you pay attention and stop gazing out the window even if it is a $10 million dollar view, you must have seen the park before surely?"

He droned on arrogantly and I tried to focus but when he showed me out he winked at me and asked me in a confidential whisper, "How was Peter Gabriel and the 54 piece New Blood orchestra , I read in the Times the concert was fab."

I knew it was him. But the elevator had arrived so I had to tear myself away from him
and the view.....47 floors later I was back on street level.



No comments: