Saturday, June 26, 2010

"Fantastic show," I interrupted him from a deep conversation with another admirer

"How much for the black Porridge Brekkie Chair, I will take if off your hands tonight and now that it is on the SP blog the value of this chair and all your work has increased 25,000 fold with my huge blog following. In fact you should probably donate it to me as a thank you for featuring it so prominently, the whole world will want one now, what the SP has all her LLS 's want too."
"SP, this Porridge chair, as you so kindly named it,is very good value at $12,000 after all the hours I put into it as the leaflet in your hand clearly states but the SP price tonight is $11,950.
Every mouthful of porridge will taste like honey when eaten from this chair. So do you want it?"

Well he kind of put me in a spot and a few people were watching, of course everyone knew there was no way in hell I was buying that chair but I didn't want to look like a time waster.

"Wow,"I said,"that's quite a nice reduction gee thanks. I will just pop round to the desk so we can get a wee red sticker to make sure no one else takes my chair. Don't move,be right back."

The artist went back to his friend,"Do you think I sold that too cheap," he asked,"it took me 3 weeks to make it?".
"Oh no," his buddy said,"you will probably sell them all now to the blog readers, you did good."



No comments: