Monday, December 20, 2010

Humph beckoned me over to the back of the gallery.

"Forget about that John Lennon piece, I have something special to show you in the back room, something unique. There is a brand new art market, new artists, new collectors."

"Mexicans, Polish, Irish? it can't be the Chinese, that market is so overdone now." I leaned over to Humph, who had a strange look on his face that I could not figure out.

"Come to the back room. Come now, but be prepared for something unique. Totally unique."

I started walking over but all my friends the art exhibits, Jemima, the girl with the octopus and the octopus itself, started shaking their heads as if to say no, don't go. The octopus was waving it's tentacle in an aggressive manner and frowning more than usual.

I wonder why?

I pretended I did not see the warnings and marched into the back room and stopped short.

Something I have feared for many years had finally happened. Humph looked at me. I looked at him.

The Skellys, they are infiltrating the art world , then what next.

"How did this get here, Humph? I am sure showing the art of the undead is illegal, you are putting yourself at risk here. What does the piece mean?"

"One of the Skellys in a black cloak stormed in late at night and told me if I did not show the art , my appointment with Dr Death, would be tomorrow and he manages Dr Death's schedule and can shift things around. So I have it here and only you can see it. Can you help SP, this piece is a prototype. It is a sign that the Skellys want to post in the streets of New York. All of us are to be "tourists", they are the new locals, and we are all to have permits like yellow stars and we get fined $200 if we don't have them on us. I think they got that number from Monoply. It is pretty scary stuff. It is the Skelly Revolution! With that he passed out on his desk.





No comments: