Thursday, February 07, 2013

Round about Halloween all the local ghouls like to make their annual appearance

Sag Harbor, being a historic whaling town, has more than it's fair share of frightening creatures who should really have stayed in bed and spared us the freak show.
This one here can't decide whether to make his appearance or stay in bed.

I tried engaging him in some pleasant small talk.
"Welcome Ghoulie Chops! Do please join us and tell us your story or go back below ground but this half in half out lark is disconcerting . Come, what will it be?"
"Leave it out Princess. Must you always interfere with everyone's lives , whether they are alive or dead? Even dead you still boss us all around . I for one am not one of your so called LLS , nor do I plan to join that clan.
For me I like the Walking Dead Group myself or the Walkers from Game of Thrones or that new movie Dead Bodies or whatever it is. We half dead are back in fashion with a vengeance ! We are everywhere these days . No need to stay underground when you can be a movie star! I am auditioning for to be an extra in one of these shows. Can't wait! Must do me hair a bit first and get the ghoul look right.
As for my immediate plans , I am heading to the Whaling Museum as that is where we Walkers gather each year to scare the living daylights out of dopes you like you , who even pay to see us. What is it $20 now. Bit of a rip off and we don't see any of that dosh.
I must write to my union and complain.
Wait, we don't have a union. Well the ghouls should rebel or pop out in spring that would shock you all! Har!"

"Ghoul, you don't scare me a bit I hope your mates do a better job. Good luck with your acting career. I know a few folks out West if I can help I surely will. "
I dropped my card is in his hand and strode off, hoping for a bigger and better scare and value for my $20.

No comments: