Sunday, April 28, 2013

As I tentatively opened the door to the Whaling Museum haunted house, my hands were shaking.

What evil, foul, bad breath, half dead zombies were awaiting me?
I did not have to long to wait for the first creature. A ghastly, manky grey haired witch floated down the bannister.
"Welcome dearest Princess. The Haunted Houselings have been eagerly waiting your arrival, the fateful night has come at last. I do hope you are hungry. Word is you have a penchant for the Bodiless One's soup, divine , isn't it? The good news is we have more tasty surprises in store for you . Hopefully you did not spoil your appetite outside. HAR ! HAR!"

Hmmmm..... I mean of course one always likes a decent welcome, but the witch's words had a sinister, fishy undertone I did not quite like. I mean of course I was hungry, as basically I am permanently hungry and live from meal to meal. When I am eating one meal, I am busy planning the next. Isn't everyone like that? Yes, I enjoyed the broth or you could say I survived the broth unscathed. But what did she mean? Was she planning to hijack my dinner reservation at Tutto? Or join me? I can't imagine an evil witch at your table would encourage handsome strange men who also happened to be eating at your restaurant to befriend you , never mind try and take you home if they saw that was the company you keep. Despite these misgivings the Princess kept her cool.



"

No comments: