Wednesday, September 20, 2006

 

SP mourns the end of the summer and the closing of the Printing House Pool on Leroy and Hudson Street, her summer office.

Here I am hard at work closing mega real estate deals in the height of a hot New York summer in my Missoni bikini. It may look like i am planning my next trip to the Hamptons but do not be fooled this was a very tough call with a stingey Scottish law firm tenant of mine, Horace McDougal LLP, who had the nerve to insist that the office space I showed them was too expensive. $150psf is the going rate for decent real estate at a proper address like Harry Macklowe's GM Building or the beloved Sheldon Solow's 9 West 57th Street. I do not know why they kept insisting I show them $35 midtown space as it simply does not exist any more. Do they really want to loose the few clients they have by residing in shoddy, half ass digs? Take a hint from all those hedge funds - they know that it is the premier address that creates the respect you need in a cut throat town like Manhattan. Posted by Picasa

No comments: