Thursday, April 26, 2007



I then went to one of my favorite East Village hang outs,Franks, for dinner to reflect on the odd way life takes funny turns and now perhaps silly old Rufus the Firemutt is even more famous than me, with his own personal movie, and he was a total nobody before he met men and not one director has approached me yet to make MY SP movie, when I heard a muffled "Woof, Woof, Woof" coming from under a coat under one of the chairs.


"Miss SP, over here, under the green jacket, yes over here."

"Who me?", I asked the coat, not sure who else to address.

"How many other SP's are there in this town?" the doggy coat replied.

"True enough."

"I am Carmel, a toffee colored mongrel dog,living in midtown, and I come as a messenger from all the Mutts in this town. We have all had to go in hiding as the Pigs are after us and have been threatening to send us to China so we will be turned into some vile doggy stew. You must help us. Stop the War NOW."

"The Iraq war? Yes I am working on that one with my old pal and Oscar winner the Queen. Did you hear about our Royal Garden Party idea? Should sort it all out in a jiffy, once I get over there of course."

No, you dope,"Carmel growled back, "Our war. The Viscious Pig and Dog War in NYC. It is going to be a major blood bath."

"Oh, that War.Don't be silly Rufus is too famous now for that type of thing, he won't want to gert his paws dirty and jeopardize his movie carreer,I hear he is up for an Oscar, first ever dog oscar in fact. You can come out of hiding, silly mutt."

Carmel shook his little head and went back under the covers," Fool," I heard him woof to himself, "if only she knew."

Knew what, WHAT? Tell me, but when I looked under the coat Carmel had gone.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: